Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chosen Topics

--I chose two technology based topics.

              First off, I've always wondered why iPhones cost so much. In my opinion, the iPhone is
 overpriced. Even as an iPhone owner, I honestly don't see the big deal. It makes phone calls, sends text messages, has internet capability and a few impressive apps. These gadgets start at $199 with upgrade eligibility and have a retail price of $649. I wonder why they are so expensive and if customers are really getting their money's worth.
              Secondly, I have noticed that the majority of my peers are addicted to social networks. Especially in college, students cant focus on schoolwork such as, homework and studying because they are too busy constantly posting a status or sending a tweet. I'm curious to find out why students put schoolwork aside for a status on how they feel or what they are doing. I find myself also procrastinating about doing work in which I rather hop on Twitter or Facebook.








1 comment:

  1. Mike,

    These are both very interesting topic ideas that have the potential for solid research projects. There have been a few mainstream stories in recent months about Apple's production facilities and an analysis of the cost to them and the benefits to the consumer would be quite valuable. And I think an exploration into technology addiction, in particular social networks, is crucial right now because it affects so many of us in a profound way. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to focus on.

    ReplyDelete