Thursday, March 14, 2013

New Database

So far in my research process, I have already used the databases: Consumer Information (Business and Economics), Company Information (Company and Industry Information) and Psychology (Social Sciences.) For this assignment, I chose a new subject database, Computer Science (Science and Technology.) Under this subject, I found many helpful sources such as academic journals and reports. One source described the amount of iPhone sales in the U.S. This will definitely aid me in my research paper because my topic concerns the reasons why people buy iPhones, even more, over other smartphones. My topic also covers why iPhones are so expensive over other competing smartphones. With this notion, I would need to discover what materials make up the iPhone itself. Luckily, using this database, I was able to find an article that is closely related to this idea. Another useful article I found was about the iPhone components. The text described and closely examined the manufacturing and materials used to make iPhones.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael,
    I really like your research topic. The fact that you are doing something that is so popular in our society it should be relatively easy for you to find information on. I think that whatever information that you find is going to be very helpful to consumers when or if they decide to go and purchase their own iphone they will know if they are being overpriced which is always a good thing to know when shopping. One thing that I would suggest that you can try to do is see if you can actually find the price that it takes to produce the phone and then compare it to the actual price that we are being charged in America and also other countries to show that we truly are being overpriced.

    ReplyDelete